Isn’t it annoying when your favorite shorts got damaged/stained? VERY ANNOYING. But in my case, it was my brother’s shorts that got damaged so I didn’t panic. In fact, I am very very happy that it got stained in the laundry. Lol. *insert evil sister laugh here*. I really want that shorts of his. See the pink spots? I did a little makeover by ripping it. Tutorial below!
In ripping the shorts, you’ll need: 1. Scissors | 2.Cuticle Pusher | 3. Emery Board
Here are the steps (full description of each number below):
- Basically, I cut the shorts first since it’s a bit lengthy. You should also consider the style. Decide on how do you want your shorts to be ripped. You could research or use your imagination.
- Cut it! Be careful when cutting. You could draw some lines if you’re not sure with your cutting skills :p
- If you are a first timer, I suggest that you should cut a small section inside first.
- Distressing makes it easier for you to pull the threads out.
- Threads are much visible when you reverse your shorts inside out.
- Pulling the threads could take a little longer but when you got the steps, everything will be easy.
Here’s my finished product! It took me a lot of patience. Haha. But for the sake of customizing my brother’s damaged shorts, I worked hard and put in my best effort :p
Since the shorts still have visible stains, I decided to bleach it. I sprayed some Clorox to the damaged areas then I left the bleach solution for about 30 minutes. Then ta-da! It turned out so well. And don’t forget to wash it before wearing! I can’t wait to rock my DIY ripped/acid wash shorts! 🙂